Xinjiangtour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi dear Visitor ,My name's Mohammad Ali ,I'm a local in Xinjiang ,I'm a private tour operator.If you want to come to Xinjiang,feel free to contact me.+86 15770192395

Latest topics

» Khotan or Hotan Rugs
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 am by Admin

» Kashgar Rugs
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Yarkand Rugs
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Xinjiang Carpet
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 pm by Admin

» Private tour operator
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:54 am by Admin

» For Travelers who are at the airport
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm by Xinjiangtour

» Muztagh Atta China
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm by MashabrumExp

» Hoten-Niya-Urumqi 5 days tour
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am by Xinjiangtour

» WHERE THE GREAT MOUNTAINS MEET
Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by MashabrumExp

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour

Xinjiangtour

Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour Empty Muztag Ata(father of Glaciers) Climbing tour

Post  Xinjiangtour

World Famous Muztag Ata is 7546m above sea level. It's 204 km from Kashgar and 100km from Tashkurgan (China-Pakistan border town). It is just in front of the sacred lake Karakul. Muztag Ata is an Uyghur phrase which means "father of Glaciers". It is amazing if you look at the picture of Muztag Ata from the side it really looks like the head of an old man. There are more than 10 glaciers. The ice is about 150-200 m thick. Muztag Ata is famous among the climbers of the world. There are about 200 climbers in summer that climb this mountain. It is not very difficult. You can drive from Karakul Lake to Subash village then pack the camels at Base Camp. It is about 4500m above sea level. You will camp there with your tents. Our cook will prepare your meal here.
    The best season for climbing is July, August and early September. The snow line is higher and the snow is harder in July and August.
    The climbers may ski down to BC. Local shepherds begin to move their yurts down in the middle of September as it starts to become colder.
    Most of the groups enter China from Pakistan through the Hunjirap Pass or from Kyrgizstan through Torugart and Irkeshtam Pass. You can fly from Kashgar to Islamabad or Urumqi and from Urumqi to other cities or countries.

Now, I recommend two Itineraries for the climbing:
    First One: Enter China from Pakistan (Sust ) through the Hunjirap Pass.
    Day01
    My tour guide and driver will meet you at Tashkurgan Customs office and transfer you to your hotel. It could be either thePamir hotel or the Stone city hotel. You will have a traditional Tajik dinner prepared by a Tajik family.
    Day02
    After breakfast, you will visit the world famous Stone Fort which dates back 1400 years, then drive to Karakul lake. On the way you can stop in Tajik villages and take photos of the mountains. You will have your lunch at Subash village which is about 16km from Karakul lake. After lunch, you will pack the camels to go up to Base Camp, 4500m above sea level. You will camp here and do all the necessary preparations before your climb. Our cook and tour guide will camp here to cook your food and help you with anything else.
    Day03 to Day17
    Climbing activities for Muztag Ata. There are 3 camps other than Base Camp. Camp 1 is at 5200m, Camp 2 is at 6300m, Camp 3 is at 7000m. The summit reaches 7546m. If the weather is very good, it takes about 12 days to climb the top and about 3 hours to ski down.
    Day18
    After breakfast, you will pack the camels and go down to Subash village. My driver will meet you there and drive you to Kashgar. It is about 204 km to Kashgar and we will stop and have a good lunch at Opal village. You will check in at The Seman Hotel 3*(Old Russian Consulate), or the Qinibag Hotel 3*(Old British Consulate ). Both hotels have dorms available for the budget traveller.
    Day19
    Kashgar Sunday market.
    Day20
    After breakfast, we will drive to Kyrgyzstan through the Torgat Pass, 180km from Kashgar. You will meet your own Kyrgyz tour guide at the border or we can organize one for you through our Kyrgyz partners.
    Second:
    Enter into China from Kyrgyzistan through the Torgat Pass or Irkeshtam.

Day01:
    Torgat Pass-Kashgar (180km, 112miles)
    Our tour guide will meet you at 12:00 am local time at the border and drive you to Kasghar. You will check in at the Seman Hotel 3* and we will prepare a pack lunch for you upon arrival. After which the rest of the time is free for you to relax. Dinner will be held in a popular Uyghur restaurant called Intizar.
    Day02
    Kashgar-Karakul lake-Subash village ( 204km, 127miles)
    Our tour guide will teach you some useful knowledge of our easy mountain life, for approx 30 minutes. We will then drive to Karakul lake along the Sino-Pakistan KKH highway. You can stop for photo taking as much as you want on the way to the Karakul lake. It is hard to discribe the beauty of this mountains and landscape. Our lunch will be at the Karakul lake. After lunch we will drive to Subash village and pack our camels before riding up to BC where you will set up camp.

Day03 to Day17

Climbing activities for Muztag Ata. There are 3 camps other than Base Camp. Camp 1 is at 5200m, Camp 2 is at 6300m, Camp 3 is at 7000m. The summit reaches 7546m. If the weather is very good, it takes about 12 days to climb the top and about 3 hours to ski down.

Day18
    Subash village -Tashkurgan (105km, 65miles)
    After breakfast, we will pack the Camels to Subash village and drive to Tashkurgan and check in at the Pamir hotel. Lunch will be in a popular restaurant. You will visit the world famous Stone Fort and then have free time for you to explore the town. You will have a traditional Tajik dinner prepared by a Tajik family. This will be your farewell party at the end of this tour.
    Day19
    Tashkurgan-Pakistan (Sust) (212km, 132 miles)
    After breakfast, we try to be the first at the customs office for passport control and other formalities. Before you meet your own tour guide in Pakistan our tour guide will say good bye to you and then you will drive to Sust (Pakistan) through the Hunjirap Pass.

Services we offer:

* Climbing permit, visa support, necessary official documents

* A liaison officier service

*All meals on the way and in the towns.

* Meals at BC, a cooks services, and kitchen tent and kitchen sets

* Packing -camels from subash-BC and back

* Ecological fee.
    * All the transportations.

Other Services:

* Donkeys:

At BC there are donkey available. You can rent them to carry your luggage to C1 or from C1 to BC,the price is $1 us dollar per kg.

* Cooking sets and gas.

We rent cooking sets and gas if you decide to do cooking at BC yourself.

* We collect individual climbers.You may enjoy a group price if you contact us.
    Please don't hesitate to contact us for further information or any questions about our tour consulting.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 9:55 pm