Xinjiangtour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi dear Visitor ,My name's Mohammad Ali ,I'm a local in Xinjiang ,I'm a private tour operator.If you want to come to Xinjiang,feel free to contact me.+86 15770192395

Latest topics

» Khotan or Hotan Rugs
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 am by Admin

» Kashgar Rugs
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Yarkand Rugs
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Xinjiang Carpet
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 pm by Admin

» Private tour operator
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:54 am by Admin

» For Travelers who are at the airport
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm by Xinjiangtour

» Muztagh Atta China
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm by MashabrumExp

» Hoten-Niya-Urumqi 5 days tour
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am by Xinjiangtour

» WHERE THE GREAT MOUNTAINS MEET
Karakul Lake one day tour I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by MashabrumExp

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Karakul Lake one day tour

Xinjiangtour

Karakul Lake one day tour Empty Karakul Lake one day tour

Post  Xinjiangtour

Karakul Lake One day Tour
    This is one of the most popular tours around Kashgar and a must visit for almost every traveller who visits Kashgar. Situated along the spectacular Sino-Pakistan Karakorum High Way, Karakul Lake has long cast a spell over those who visit it. Local Tajiks believe it to be sacred whilst Silk Road caravans treated it as a welcome rest place on their tough journey.
    Karakul is a hive of different nomadic cultures in the Pamir Mountains and travellers often enjoy tasting the different foods of the nomadic Kyrgyz and Tajik people here. Though the lake is one of the highest lakes in the world at 3600m, it pales in comparison to the 7524m Muztagh Ata peak that towers over one end whilst the 7719m Kongor Shan peak dominates the other. Both peaks are popular with mountain climbers the world over, though Kongor is the more difficult of the two.
    Whilst driving along the Sino-Pakistan Karakorum Highway (previously known as the KKH) out of Kashgar, you can see snow capped mountains and high peaks for most of the journey. On the way we stop in Opal village to visit the Mahmood Kashgary Tomb (optional) and buy some small gifts for the kids in the Kyrgyz local family with whom we spent time with at the Karakul Lake.
    Pushing on from Opal, we follow the Ghez River on our left until the Sand Mountain, Kumtagh. Here at the Kyrgyz settlement of Bulung kul, you can see mountains of three remarkable different hues adjacent to the main road as well as several inns. This was once an important camping place for caravans along the ancient Silk Road so feel free to stop as often as you wish for photos en route.
    This tour will offer you an excellent chance to experience the nomadic culture of the Kyrgyz people in the villages and mountains here. The Kyrgyz shepherds around Karakul Lake are very friendly and frequently offer their horses and camels for riding (though at a price!). For the next 3-4 hours we will trek around the lake and take in the enormity and beautyof the surroundings. High altitudes always work up a hunger and a hearty traditional Kyrgyz meal awaits you in their yurt. After lunch we'll have a further two hours trekking next to the lake and when you've had enough, we'll head off to Kashgar, arriving at 6:30pm local time.
    It takes around 6.5 hours driving both ways and 5-4 hours for hiking, horse riding and so on making this an 11 hour day.
    We can easily organize 2 or 3 day tours including hiking and trekking around the lake as you desire.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 3:38 pm