Xinjiangtour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi dear Visitor ,My name's Mohammad Ali ,I'm a local in Xinjiang ,I'm a private tour operator.If you want to come to Xinjiang,feel free to contact me.+86 15770192395

Latest topics

» Khotan or Hotan Rugs
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 am by Admin

» Kashgar Rugs
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Yarkand Rugs
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Xinjiang Carpet
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 pm by Admin

» Private tour operator
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:54 am by Admin

» For Travelers who are at the airport
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm by Xinjiangtour

» Muztagh Atta China
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm by MashabrumExp

» Hoten-Niya-Urumqi 5 days tour
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am by Xinjiangtour

» WHERE THE GREAT MOUNTAINS MEET
Hoten one day cultural city tour I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by MashabrumExp

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Hoten one day cultural city tour

Xinjiangtour

Hoten one day cultural city tour Empty Hoten one day cultural city tour

Post  Xinjiangtour

Hoten in Brief
    Hotan is known as a mysterious old city with a long history. The town is named Yutian in Chinese history books. It has always been an important city on the ancient Silk Road. Nowadays the city is famous for its carpet, silk and jade production. There are many historical places to visit and explore nearby, including Malike Awat (a former capital city in ancient times) and the Imam Asim Tomb (a holey place among local people in and around Hotan who usually visit every Thursday). In May, thousands of people come here to worship and take part in traditional activities. Hotan museum is also worth a visit to see two mummies there which are well kept. Thousand year old walnut and fig tress on the cities outskirts are also worth a look.
    Hotan Cultural One day tour:
    Today, together with our tour guide and driver, you will learn as possible about Hotan with its history, culture and unique lifestyle.
    1. Old town: this is one of the most interesting parts of the city tour as lifestyles remain largely traditional as the city modernizes elsewhere. Here you can learn much about local Uyghurs and their ways.
    2. Jade river: According to Hotan statistics, approximately 20% of Hotan city people pick up Jade from the river every year from August to May and the numbers are growing each year.
    3. Carpet Factory: One of Hotan's primary exports abroad and especially famous throughout China.
    4. Silk and Atlas Factory: Silk production has a long established history in Hotan and we will visit a family who has been famously weaving the silk for many years. Atlas is a local cloth made by silk. Uyghur ladies love to wear clothes made from this cloth, especially skirts.
    5. Jade factory: Here you can find good quality Jade at very reasonable prices as this is the source. There are many well carved Jade items, and whether large or small, all make great gifts to take home for family and friends.
    6. Malike Awat Ancient city: This one time ancient capital sits 25 kms outside of Hotan and is important part of the areas local heritage.
    7. Imam Asim Tomb: Lying 28kms from Hotan city, this is one of Hotan's most special historical and cultural sites and especially useful for learning about the unique customs of Hotan's people and her nearby villages.
    In May, many people come from far and wide to pray at the tomb. They regard it as a holy place as there are few tombs and large mosques in Xinjiang for locals to pray in. Some local people also slaughter sheep or goats whose skulls and hides can sometimes be seen on site.
    By late afternoon your tour will be over. We hope you find our service and arrangements are unbeatable.
    Hotan is known as a mysterious old city with a long history. The town is named Yutian in Chinese history books. It has always been an important city on the ancient Silk Road. Nowadays the city is famous for its carpet, silk and jade production. There are many historical places to visit and explore nearby, including Malike Awat (a former capital city in ancient times) and the Imam Asim Tomb (a holey place among local people in and around Hotan who usually visit every Thursday). In May, thousands of people come here to worship and take part in traditional activities. Hotan museum is also worth a visit to see two mummies there which are well kept. Thousand year old walnut and fig tress on the cities outskirts are also worth a look.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:35 am