Xinjiangtour

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hi dear Visitor ,My name's Mohammad Ali ,I'm a local in Xinjiang ,I'm a private tour operator.If you want to come to Xinjiang,feel free to contact me.+86 15770192395

Latest topics

» Khotan or Hotan Rugs
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:06 am by Admin

» Kashgar Rugs
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Yarkand Rugs
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 3:03 am by Admin

» Xinjiang Carpet
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2016 10:24 pm by Admin

» Private tour operator
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 2:54 am by Admin

» For Travelers who are at the airport
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm by Xinjiangtour

» Muztagh Atta China
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:22 pm by MashabrumExp

» Hoten-Niya-Urumqi 5 days tour
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am by Xinjiangtour

» WHERE THE GREAT MOUNTAINS MEET
Dawakul Desert Trekking I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 12:08 am by MashabrumExp

Navigation

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Dawakul Desert Trekking

Xinjiangtour

Dawakul Desert Trekking Empty Dawakul Desert Trekking

Post  Xinjiangtour

Dawa kul (Sacred lake) Day tour or Trekking tours
    Dawa kul is a sacred lake in Yoporga Town, about 130km from Kashgar, known for its power to cure disease. The story goes that one day a farmer was travelling between local villages in the area. His donkey had an injured leg and being late in the day, the man paused by the lake to let his noble animal drink its fill before sleeping in a nearby village. When morning came, the farmer was shocked to find his donkey was fit and healthy. He told others about this experience and the lake has attracted the sick and injured ever since.
    Until recently, many villagers used to come to the lake to bathe and lie in the nearby sand dunes. But with local fame has come modern development and an entrance fee of 30 RMB is now levied to all visitors (including locals). Whilst growing pollution is a cause for concern, the area surrounding the lake is large and still contains some of the largest and best looking sand dunes in the Taklimakan. The area is perfect for 2 to 7 days desert trekking and we definitely recommend a visit.
    Our tour(s) out to the Dawa kul begin at 7:00am local time from Kashgar and the day's events more-or-less depend on you. Along the way, we stop off at Yoporga to see a very interesting village market there (only on a Saturday). Yoporga sits about 20kms from the lake. The village is non-touristy and the donkeys of the area are particularly famous around Kashgar. When we reach Dawa kul, you can ride camels or drive local trucks (though we don't recommend the latter). As a second option, after you're done riding camels, we can also drive out to see a local Poplar forest in the desert, renown for its ancient trees. We should arrive back in Kashgar by 4:00pm local time.
    We can organize longer camel trekking tours into the desert depending upon your time and budget - from 2 to 3 days tours are recommended. We have all the equipment so please feel free to call us at anytime.
    Share this post on: reddit

No Comment.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 9:40 am